Problem with IE 7 pop up window (security level medium and above)

samir ware

hi all ,
I am having a problem with IE 7 . When ever I try to open a pop
up ,in IE 7 ,with security level medium or above , all the URL gets
attached to the title bar of the page. This URL gets attached to the
title bar of the page ONLY with the security level medium and above.
Is there any way ,I can avoid this long URL on the title bar of the
pop up WITHOUT CHANGING THE BROWSER SETTINGS
Any link , any white paper will be appriciated.
Thanks and regards
Samir

Andrew Thompson

samir said:
hi all ,
I am having a problem with ..

..pop-ups and..

..a browser (or something that might pass for one*).

OK.. I am not suprised. Do you have a problem
with the pop-ups in Mozilla? Safari? Konquerer?
Any of a number of browsers that have a config.
option to disallow or at least challenge, any pop-up?
Or a browser with any of the many pop-up killers
installed as a plug-in (e.g. the Google toolbar), or
apps. that reconfigure/control IE (amongst other
browsers) externally (e.g. Norton)?

* One of the truest things that MS ever stated under
oath, was that IE was an OS component - a very
powerful OS component that probably should not
have been allowed to freely roam the big, bad,
internet. But that's another story..
...When ever I try to open a pop
up ,in IE 7 ,with security level medium or above , all the URL gets
attached to the title bar of the page.

That sounds like an attempt by MS to keep
their end users well informed - good for them!

Attempts by developers to hide the URL, or
to use pop-ups to achieve any particular 'effect' -
are doomed to failure. If a web app. 'depends'
upon these things, it is utterly flawed, and
requires redesign.

Lastly..
..pop up WITHOUT CHANGING THE BROWSER SETTINGS

..please refrain from SHOUTING at us.