    technique. So using this when I run, execution aborts with the error
    message "IOT/Abort Trap" and no core dump is created.
    Can anyone tell why this happens and how can this be solved ?

    deepak nayak, Dec 9, 2006

  2. : I am running my application on AIX 5 which has the mlock()
    : system call(for locking files in memory). When I run this application
    : with root privileges , it runs fine. But since we are denied root
    : privileges for certain machines , we are compelled to use suid bit
    : technique. So using this when I run, execution aborts with the error
    : message "IOT/Abort Trap" and no core dump is created.
    : Can anyone tell why this happens and how can this be solved ?

    Like most people here, I could help if this question were somehow
    related to using the C++ language. But it's not.

    Your question belongs in a platform-specific forum.

    Ivan Vecerina, Dec 9, 2006

  3. Sorry, wrong newsgroup for these kinds of questions, try a AIX-specific
    one. However it does sounds like a problem with privileges so a talk to
    your local admin might solve your problem.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Erik_Wikstr=F6m?=, Dec 9, 2006