problem with IOT/Abort Trap

deepak nayak

hi everyone,
I am running my application on AIX 5 which has the mlock()
system call(for locking files in memory). When I run this application
with root privileges , it runs fine. But since we are denied root
privileges for certain machines , we are compelled to use suid bit
technique. So using this when I run, execution aborts with the error
message "IOT/Abort Trap" and no core dump is created.
Can anyone tell why this happens and how can this be solved ?

Ivan Vecerina

: I am running my application on AIX 5 which has the mlock()
: system call(for locking files in memory). When I run this application
: with root privileges , it runs fine. But since we are denied root
: privileges for certain machines , we are compelled to use suid bit
: technique. So using this when I run, execution aborts with the error
: message "IOT/Abort Trap" and no core dump is created.
: Can anyone tell why this happens and how can this be solved ?

Like most people here, I could help if this question were somehow
related to using the C++ language. But it's not.

Your question belongs in a platform-specific forum.

?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Erik_Wikstr=F6m?=

hi everyone,
I am running my application on AIX 5 which has the mlock()
system call(for locking files in memory). When I run this application
with root privileges , it runs fine. But since we are denied root
privileges for certain machines , we are compelled to use suid bit
technique. So using this when I run, execution aborts with the error
message "IOT/Abort Trap" and no core dump is created.
Can anyone tell why this happens and how can this be solved ?

Sorry, wrong newsgroup for these kinds of questions, try a AIX-specific
one. However it does sounds like a problem with privileges so a talk to
your local admin might solve your problem.