Problem with jabberd-1.4.2, xdb_auth_cpile.smb and Jabber::Connection

tylernt

I'm afraid xdb_auth_cpile.pl isn't working with my Jabber server. It
worked ok in a small test environment but when I got more than, oh, 3
or 4 users logged on to the Jabber server, Jabber would get slower and
slower and eventually stop allowing logins and stop passing messages
after 1-5 minutes. It seemed to be related to someone trying to log in
with a bad username/password... the server seemed to die very quickly
after a failed login attempt was logged in record.log. Sometimes, the
xdb_auth_cpile.pl process would die, other times it would keep
running.

I noticed sometimes when I stopped the unresponsive jabberd, I would
get this:

/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/Jabber/Connection.pm line 416.

Use of uninitialized value in subroutine entry at
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/i386-linux/XML/Parser/Expat.pm line
614.

I started out with Jabber::Connection 0.03 but encountered problems
with jabberd segfaulting (the 'memory leak issue', presumably), so I
switched to 0.04, which caused the above problem.

I'm running jabberd-1.4.2 and using xdb_auth_cpile to authenticate
against a Win2k AD domain with smb. Jabberd worked fine prior to the
upgrade to xdb_auth_cpile.

Any ideas or suggestions?