Problem with PARAGRAPH SEPARATOR

Dominique.Holzwarth

Hello everyone

I'm doing a transformation with (MSXML) from a xml file to a tex file
(actually it's just output format "text" with tex commands inside).

The output of the transformation (a big string containg the whole file)
contains a so called 'paragraph separator' (unicode: 2029). If I want to
pring that string (file) to the std out or a file object then I get a
"UnicodeError" saying that the unicode 2029 can't be encoded...

Can anyone please tell me how I should handle that paragraph seperator?
I must say, that I don't even know WHY my output file has such a
character but I'd kinda like to keep it there and just be able to store
the string in a file object / print it to console...

Thanks in advance

Dominique

*********************************
This e-mail and any files attached are strictly confidential, may be legally privileged and are intended solely for the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient please notify the sender immediately by return email and then delete the e-mail and any attachments immediately. The views and or opinions expressed in this e-mail are not necessarily the views of De La Rue plc or any of its subsidiaries and the De La Rue Group of companies, their directors, officers and employees make no representation about and accept no liability for its accuracy or completeness. You should ensure that you have adequate virus protection as the De La Rue Group of companies do not accept liability for any viruses
De La Rue plc Registered No.3834125, De La Rue Holdings plc Registered No 58025 and De La Rue International Limited Registered No 720284 are all registered in England with their registered office at: De La Rue House, Jays Close, Viables, Hampshire RG22 4BS

Marc 'BlackJack' Rintsch

The output of the transformation (a big string containg the whole file)
contains a so called 'paragraph separator' (unicode: 2029). If I want to
pring that string (file) to the std out or a file object then I get a
"UnicodeError" saying that the unicode 2029 can't be encoded...

Can anyone please tell me how I should handle that paragraph seperator?

You have to encode the unicode object in an encoding that know this
character. UTF-8 might be a candidate encoding for this.

Ciao,
Marc 'BlackJack' Rintsch