problems associated with CPAN module installation

lin ying

Hi, all

I tried to install modules I downloaded from CPAN to my private
directory. But those modules need to use other modules. How can I once
for all download all required modules in their correct calling
hierarchy? Should I download every module one by one and figure out
right path information manually?

Thanks a lot for all possible help!

Ying

Chris Mattern

lin said:
Hi, all

I tried to install modules I downloaded from CPAN to my private
directory. But those modules need to use other modules. How can I once
for all download all required modules in their correct calling
hierarchy? Should I download every module one by one and figure out
right path information manually?
CPAN will download and install all the required dependencies if you
let it.

Chris Mattern

Gunnar Hjalmarsson

Chris said:
CPAN will download and install all the required dependencies if you
let it.

I.e. CPAN.pm will. Check out the documentation for that module.

lin ying

Gunnar Hjalmarsson said:
I.e. CPAN.pm will. Check out the documentation for that module.

Thanks for this information. Because I don't have root permission to
install modules to perl path, I can't use CPAN to install the required
dependencies for me.

Any other way to bypass this permission restriction? Thanks!

Ying

Gunnar Hjalmarsson

lin said:
Thanks for this information. Because I don't have root permission
to install modules to perl path, I can't use CPAN to install the
required dependencies for me.

What made you reach that conclusion? Did you study the POD for
CPAN.pm? Did you follow the advice in item 5) in the POD FAQ? Did you
fail when doing so?