Problems in VB.NET and Web Application Creation

Brian

Hello..

I can't create a web application using the web address of my test server,
however I can get into it via FrontPage Extensions. I am fairly new at this
so I hope I can provide enough info.

The error I get is:

The UNC share at (my location) does not exist or you do not have access.

I thought I had set up access correctly but the only way I can create a web
app is via front page extensions. Can some one help or point me to a good
FAQ?

Thanks,
Brian

Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP]

Hi Brian,

Make sure you are logged to your machine in using an account that is in the
same domain as the UNC machine and which has sufficient rights to the shared
directories.

also...

ASP.NET Impersonation

"If the application resides on a UNC share, ASP.NET always impersonates the
IIS UNC token to access that share unless a configured account is used. If
you provide an explicitly configured account, ASP.NET uses that account in
preference to the IIS UNC token."

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vsent7/html/vxconimpersonation.asp

Ken

Brian

This machine is at work and NOT on the domain..just as a workstation...so I
will need it to be on the domain, correct?

Thanks,
Brian

Brian

Thanks..I will see about getting it on the domain..in the meantime, I will
use frontpage extensions..