PROBLEMS : session timing out / login multiple times

VSK

Hi all,

In our company we use sticky IP to make sure that everybody always returns
to the machine where their Session was started.

We have a webfarm of 2 webservers.

Can we use Inproc for session state.

After we deployed the application into new environment we are facing
problems like

1) session times out very fast.
2) sometimes we have to login multiple times(infact 3 times) to enter the
application.

we have no idea why this is happening .

Any suggestions will be helpful.

TIA
VSK

Michael Pearson

If you have a webfarm then you need to change the mode of your
<sessionState> to either StateServer or SQLServer. Considering your
problem, I suspect that the user might be getting stuck to one of the two
farms, and not one of the four servers. InProc will only work if they get
stuck to the same server each time.

Michael

VSK

what do u mean by : "user might be getting stuck to one of the two farms,
and not one of the four servers. "

we have a just 1 webfarm with 2 webservers and we dont have 4 servers.
Our client do not want to set up extra servers as state server/sqlserver for
just maintaining sessions.
So infrastructure ppl are using sticky IP.
Infrastructure people are handling loadbalancing in such a way that:
" if user1 hits ws1 for the first time then his requests will be served
from the ws1 all the time."
So we thought we can use Inproc. But it is not behaving as expected.