Problems with data updating following changing machine

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Julia B, Jan 21, 2008.

  1. Julia B

    Julia B Guest

    Hi all

    I'm using .NET 1.1 and connecting to an Access database.

    I've recently got a new pc and am having terrible problems getting my web
    applications to work properly on my localhost. Although I can run my
    application and connect to my datasource for reading, any time I try and
    edit/add a record I get the OLEDB error that the operation must use an
    updateable query.

    I've googled and this seems to be a permissions problem. I believe I have
    set everything up as on my old machine. I've given my machine ASPNET account
    rights to my localhost directory and checked the IIS settings, but it just
    won't work.

    Is there anything else I need to do in Visual Studio or anywhere else for
    that matter?

    Thanks

    Julia

    Julia B, Jan 21, 2008

  2. Peter Bromberg [C# MVP], Jan 21, 2008

  3. Julia B

    Julia B Guest

    Thanks Peter

    I've now done that and all is OK.