Procedure call

Joined
Jun 10, 2007
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Dear all,

I would like to stop the execution of a process, then update the values of some signals and then return to the process at the point of execution where I left it. Could a procedure achieve this?

If not, how can I do this?

For example, consider the following problem:

Two blocks are there, one of them is a RAM and the other (reader) sends the address to the RAM in order to receive the data, data is sent byte by byte. Now we need to read four bytes and store them in a signal in the reader block. Updating the address output port will not be possible until the process suspends. Thus, if we do this using a for loop, the address output port of the reader block which is connected to the RAM will take one value which is the last address that is to be read. Is there a solution or a way to get around this?

Thanks alot in advance.