Processing Images: Need good library for various image formats

polemon

Hi!

I'd like to manipulate Images of various types (PNG, JPEG, GIF, BMP, maybe more) with a C++ program.
Now I've found the Cimg library, but before diving deeper into that lib, I'd like to have some suggestions
on other librarys for image processing.

Those libs, don't need to be elaborate or something, resizing and cutting the image into smaler parts would
be sufficient.

However, I'd like that lib to be able to handle a variety of image-types.

Any suggestions?

regards
--polemon

BobR

polemon said:
Hi!
I'd like to manipulate Images of various types (PNG, JPEG, GIF, BMP, maybe more) with a C++ program.
Now I've found the Cimg library, but before diving deeper into that lib,
I'd like to have some suggestions
on other librarys for image processing.
Those libs, don't need to be elaborate or something, resizing and cutting
the image into smaler parts would be sufficient.
However, I'd like that lib to be able to handle a variety of image-types.
Any suggestions?

wxWidgets has some nice classes for images. Easy to use.

wxWidgets URL: http://www.wxwidgets.org

?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Erik_Wikstr=F6m?=

Hi!

I'd like to manipulate Images of various types (PNG, JPEG, GIF, BMP, maybe more) with a C++ program.
Now I've found the Cimg library, but before diving deeper into that lib, I'd like to have some suggestions
on other librarys for image processing.

Those libs, don't need to be elaborate or something, resizing and cutting the image into smaler parts would
be sufficient.

However, I'd like that lib to be able to handle a variety of image-types.

Any suggestions?

Don't know any libraries that support that, but there are a number of
libraries that can read in images of various types and return a neutral
format (like a bitmap) and then you just have to find a library which
can operate on those. Try googling for libpng, libgif, libjpeg etc.

xucaen

Hi!

I'd like to manipulate Images of various types (PNG, JPEG, GIF, BMP, maybe more) with a C++ program.
Now I've found the Cimg library, but before diving deeper into that lib, I'd like to have some suggestions
on other librarys for image processing.

Those libs, don't need to be elaborate or something, resizing and cutting the image into smaler parts would
be sufficient.

However, I'd like that lib to be able to handle a variety of image-types.

Any suggestions?

regards
--polemon

Hi,

SDL with SDL_image works well for all those file types you mentioned,
plus many more.

Jim

zeppe

polemon said:
Those libs, don't need to be elaborate or something, resizing and cutting the image into smaler parts would
be sufficient.

However, I'd like that lib to be able to handle a variety of image-types.

Dear polemon,

I'm using ImageMagick, more specifically the C++ library Magick++. It
can handle a LOT of formats
(http://www.imagemagick.org/script/formats.php), it's also quite a
powerful library, but you can cropjust ignore the things you don't need.
The only thing, it can be tricky to use under windows (Visual Studio),
even if it is actually possible.

Regards,

Zeppe