ProcessRequest() without rendering

joshnaro

I am writing a web service method with the purpose of gathering info
from an aspx page.
My problem is that the page controls are not loaded until you run a
ProcessRequest() on the page. However, I would like to load the
controls without actually rendering the page. Anyone know how to do
this?

rampabbaraju

Who calls your Web service method? If it is your ASPX page, everything
is already loaded. Isn't it?

John Saunders

I am writing a web service method with the purpose of gathering info
from an aspx page.
My problem is that the page controls are not loaded until you run a
ProcessRequest() on the page. However, I would like to load the
controls without actually rendering the page. Anyone know how to do
this?

Instead of getting the information from the ASPX page, why not simply call
the same code which populates the controls on the page with data?

John

Josh Naro

Well the problem is, my method needs access to a fully constructed
control tree without the page performing any rendering.

John Saunders

Josh Naro said:
Well the problem is, my method needs access to a fully constructed
control tree without the page performing any rendering.

Your method gets data from a control tree? That's an unusual design.

John