Program Solaris driver for parallel port SmartMedia card reader?

Christopher Tidy

Hi folks,

I have a Sun workstation which doesn't have USB. I want to be able to
download photos from SmartMedia cards onto the workstation. As far as I
know there are no drivers available for parallel port SmartMedia card
readers for Solaris. I have some experience of programming in C++ and a
lot of experience of PHP. Can anyone give me an idea of how hard it
would be to write a driver for the card reader for Solaris?

Best wishes,

Chris Tidy

Default User

Christopher said:
Hi folks,

I have a Sun workstation which doesn't have USB. I want to be able to
download photos from SmartMedia cards onto the workstation. As far as
I know there are no drivers available for parallel port SmartMedia
card readers for Solaris. I have some experience of programming in
C++ and a lot of experience of PHP. Can anyone give me an idea of how
hard it would be to write a driver for the card reader for Solaris?

You're completely off-topic for this newsgroup, which deals with ISO
standard C++, hence no parallel ports or operating system specific
constructs.

You will need to find a more appropriate newsgroup, comp.unix.solaris
might be a good place to start.

Brian

Christopher Tidy

Default said:
You're completely off-topic for this newsgroup, which deals with ISO
standard C++, hence no parallel ports or operating system specific
constructs.

You will need to find a more appropriate newsgroup, comp.unix.solaris
might be a good place to start.

Okay. Thanks Brian. I actually thought about posting at
comp.unix.solaris, but chose here instead. Obviously I was wrong.

Chris

red floyd

Christopher said:
Hi folks,

I have a Sun workstation which doesn't have USB. I want to be able to
download photos from SmartMedia cards onto the workstation. As far as I
know there are no drivers available for parallel port SmartMedia card
readers for Solaris. I have some experience of programming in C++ and a
lot of experience of PHP. Can anyone give me an idea of how hard it
would be to write a driver for the card reader for Solaris?

Your question is highly off-topic. This newsgroup is for discussion of
the Standard C++ language as defined by ISO/IEC 14882. Please ask in a
newsgroup related to your platform.

Please see http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq-lite/how-to-post.html#faq-5.9

Thank you.

Christopher Tidy

red said:
Your question is highly off-topic.

Perhaps not highly off-topic. It's not like my post was about the Mark
Foley sex scandal or something. An understandable mistake to make, I
think. But I take your point and I'll ask the question elsewhere.

Chris