http://www.amazon.com/Python-Programming-Absolute-Beginner-3rd/dp/1435455002/ref=tmm_pap_title_0

Author: Michael Dawson

Most of the campgrounds we visited had free wifi in on the grounds,
and there was peace and quite for evaluating a fantastic book. What
makes this book different is that it is project oriented rather than
reference oriented. He teaches programming in Python by teaching the
reader how to construct some simpler games using the Python tools.

I used the public library copy for the trip... but I picked up my
own copy since getting back, and I'm gonna set my kids down with this
text as a fun educational motivator. I'll let you know...