Programming Python for Absolute Beginners

Discussion in 'Python' started by harrismh777, Jul 28, 2011.

  1. harrismh777

    harrismh777 Guest

    Greetings folks,

    Well, we're back from a 3985 mile road trip around the Southeastern
    U.S. ending back in Minnesota--- dragging a trailer--- spent somewhere
    close to a month visiting battle fields honoring the CSA dead from that
    little skirmish between the states 1861-1865... found my great great
    grandpa's tomb (he served with the Smyth Dragoons 8th Virginia Cavalry
    Co A... did Chancellorsville, and Gettysburg, and D.C.... quite a trip.
    so what?

    So what??? I feel like I own major stock shares in British Petroleum!

    No, seriously, in the evenings I worked my way through the 3rd
    edition of the book, "Python Programming for the Absolute Beginner":
    quiet cool evenings with a starlit sky... my notebook... and python game
    programming; what more could I want?

    http://www.amazon.com/Python-Programming-Absolute-Beginner-3rd/dp/1435455002/ref=tmm_pap_title_0

    Author: Michael Dawson

    Most of the campgrounds we visited had free wifi in on the grounds,
    and there was peace and quite for evaluating a fantastic book. What
    makes this book different is that it is project oriented rather than
    reference oriented. He teaches programming in Python by teaching the
    reader how to construct some simpler games using the Python tools.

    I used the public library copy for the trip... but I picked up my
    own copy since getting back, and I'm gonna set my kids down with this
    text as a fun educational motivator. I'll let you know...

    harrismh777, Jul 28, 2011

  2. harrismh777

    Billy Mays Guest

    No one cares and don't spam the list.

    Billy Mays, Jul 28, 2011

  3. harrismh777

    harrismh777 Guest

    ... ouch, now I feel really bad... has someone not had their coffee
    this morning?

    kind regards,

    harrismh777, Jul 28, 2011