Progress bar for files upload

PythonistL

Is there a progress bar example/tutorial for files upload?
I found some with Ajax but not very good explained .
Thank you
Lad

VK

PythonistL said:
Is there a progress bar example/tutorial for files upload?

If you mean progress bar for HTTP upload over input type="file" then it
is not technically possible - at the extent of my limited knowledge of
course.

I've seen several solutions using server-side packet counter feeding
updates into client-side force-to-stay-open channel ("Comet"). I saw
not so many things as ugly as that but you may still google for "HTTP
Comet".

PythonistL

VK said:
If you mean progress bar for HTTP upload over input type="file" then it
is not technically possible - at the extent of my limited knowledge of
course.
I saw several solutions using Ajax but not very well described