progress of an upload from java client to server

Kamil Koci

Hello,
I'm trying to make a progress bar that shows a progress of an upload
from my Java client application to Tomcat 4 server.

The problem is in getting the state of the request during the time its
being sent over to the server.

I'd like to use standard HTTP Post method, but I'm not fixed to it. The
thing that matters is that I need to post some extra metadata along with
the file and yet be able to watch the progress. I think nice way would
be using a Timer for regularly checking the amount of sent bytes or
whatever. Composing that two file message (data + metadata) should be
not a problem.

Thanks a lot for any suggestions.