project on image manipulation

him

dear friends i require same project on java like features in adobe
plz help me
mail me (e-mail address removed)

Timo Stamm

him said:
dear friends i require same project on java like features in adobe
plz help me
mail me (e-mail address removed)

You actually had me laughing out loud here :)

Why don't you ask adobe?

I am sure they are willing to migrate their product portfolio to Java
and give you the source code if you ask nicely.

Timo

Roedy Green

You actually had me laughing out loud here :)

Why don't you ask adobe?

I think he means he wants a suggested image manipulation project he
can implement in Java.

The one I would like personally is a tool to remove backgrounds
intelligently and feather the edges with variable alpha.

Another (which I believe Adobe does based on a book I am reading) is a
way to shrink a GIF or PNG in such a way everything is antialiased.
That way you would design a big icon and shrink it down and have it
still look decent.

Timo Stamm

Roedy said:
I think he means he wants a suggested image manipulation project he
can implement in Java.

I know. I was teasing him, and I already regret it. A little bit ;)

The one I would like personally is a tool to remove backgrounds
intelligently and feather the edges with variable alpha.

Another (which I believe Adobe does based on a book I am reading) is a
way to shrink a GIF or PNG in such a way everything is antialiased.
That way you would design a big icon and shrink it down and have it
still look decent.

I think all current operating systems are able to handle truecolor
icons, don't they? But you are right, of course. It would be very nice
to have a decent image manipulation API at hand.

What I would like even more is that the current image scaling algorithms
would work reliably. Graphics#drawImage is very slow and gives me
different results under Linux and OS X. Image#getScaledInstance gives
consistent and good quality on both platforms, but it literaly takes
_seconds_ to scale a 1000*1000 pixel image...

Timo