Propagate Identity to WebService

homawong

Hi,

I have an intranet website using Windows Authentication with
impersonation.

The website calls a webservice which check accessibility using
User.Identity.Name

How do I pass the user identity from the website to the webService?

Thanks,
Homa Wong

Joe Kaplan

To do this with Windows authentication, you typically combine impersonation
with Kerberos delegation. I'd suggest reading up on some of the articles on
the various MS websites regarding Kerberos delegation to get you started.

Joe K.