Proxy with authentication ...

Bruno Vignola

Good morning,

I have a problem using the htttpUrlConnection class for establishing an
HTTP
connection through an HTTP proxy which requires authentication; there
is no
way to get the request working, I always get a 502 BAD GATEWAY response

by the proxy; Obviously I have checked the correctness of proxy
address,
username etc. and have looked for a lot of hints on the net but no one
works
for me ...

The weird things is that, if I use the caching (my application use the
caching
feature of Java 1.5) using the ResponseCache class etc. ... the
authentication
works fine !!!

Did anybody encountered this problem?

thanks in advance :)