Pseudo code to update Access db using VB.NET

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Guest, Apr 4, 2006.

  1. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Hi folks,

    I have been hunting for a code snippet to update an Access db using VB and
    ASP.NET. So far, nothing that helps me. I am using OleDb libraries.

    Can anyone provide me with the general steps or calls involved. Here is
    where I am at so far. Currently, I am getting a "no default value" for Any
    guidance would be great...

    Sub UpdateRows()

    ' 1) OPEN A CONNECTION
    ' 2) GET EXISTING COLUMN DATA
    ' 3) PROVIDE AN UPDATE SQL STATEMENT
    '( NOT SURE WHAT THE SYNTAX SHOULD BE ON THIS)
    ' 4) USE OleDbParameter TO PASS IN THE UPDATES
    '( NOT SURE WHAT THE SYNTAX SHOULD BE ON THIS)
    ' 5) CLOSE THE CONNECTION

    End Sub

    Guest, Apr 4, 2006

    Guest Guest