pseudoclass :hoover


M

MWSunshine

Hi!

example:
In html i have
<a href=www.some.adress id="tip1">Tip< /a>

In the stylesheet I have:

#tip1:link {color: yellow;} <-- it work
#tip1:visited {color: red;} <---it work
#tip1:hoover {background: green;} <-- THAT DOESN'T WORK AT ALL
#tip1:active {background:red;} <-- it work

I cant get to work a :hoover pseudoclass.
What I do wrong??

Can the :hoover pseudoclass be used with other elements like block elements,
<div> <span> etc ?

MWSunshine
 
Ad

Advertisements

R

rf

#tip1:hoover {background: green;} <-- THAT DOESN'T WORK AT ALL

I cant get to work a :hoover pseudoclass.
What I do wrong??

You spelt it wong :)

The correct spelling is hover.
Can the :hoover pseudoclass be used with other elements like block elements,
<div> <span> etc ?

Yes but it's not supported by IE.
 
E

Els

MWSunshine said:
Hi!

example:
In html i have
<a href=www.some.adress id="tip1">Tip< /a>

In the stylesheet I have:

#tip1:link {color: yellow;} <-- it work
#tip1:visited {color: red;} <---it work
#tip1:hoover {background: green;} <-- THAT DOESN'T WORK AT
ALL #tip1:active {background:red;} <-- it work

I cant get to work a :hoover pseudoclass.
What I do wrong??

One o too many. You need hover, not hoover :)
Can the :hoover pseudoclass be used with other elements
like block elements, <div> <span> etc ?

No, only with <a>, when it comes to internet explorer at least.
 
Ad

Advertisements

Ad

Advertisements

M

Matthias Gutfeldt

rf said:
Els wrote
rf wrote:
Nope. rum&coke is a standalone entity, just like
gin&tonic, and as such does not need escaping [from]...


Unless you're reading Usenet, right? ;-)

</nitpick>

I try to <escape> from usenet all the time.

So far it hasn't worked. Perhaps a nice cup of herbal tea would do the
trick...

THAT kind of herb works best when smoked.


Matthias
 
K

Kris

"Never drink rum&amp;coke whilst reading usenet"

Nope. rum&coke is a standalone entity, just like gin&tonic, and as such
does not need escaping [from]...[/QUOTE]

Does that also apply to Ben&Jerry's? Or H&K (when I get really mad, you
know)?
 
R

rf

Matthias Gutfeldt" <say-no-to-spam
rf said:
Els wrote
rf wrote:

Nope. rum&coke is a standalone entity, just like
gin&tonic, and as such does not need escaping [from]...


Unless you're reading Usenet, right? ;-)

</nitpick>

I try to <escape> from usenet all the time.

So far it hasn't worked. Perhaps a nice cup of herbal tea would do the
trick...

THAT kind of herb works best when smoked.

gurglesplurtcoughsplutterfroth...

Great, I now also have Chardonnay covering my keyboard.
 
E

Els

rf said:
Matthias Gutfeldt" <say-no-to-spam
rf said:
Els wrote

rf wrote:

Nope. rum&coke is a standalone entity, just like
gin&tonic, and as such does not need escaping [from]...

<nitpick>
Unless you're reading Usenet, right? ;-)
</nitpick>

I try to <escape> from usenet all the time.

So far it hasn't worked. Perhaps a nice cup of herbal
tea would do the trick...

THAT kind of herb works best when smoked.
gurglesplurtcoughsplutterfroth...

LOL!

Great, I now also have Chardonnay covering my keyboard.

rum&coke, beer, chardonnay... How about you enter a detox
program for booze&usenet addiction? :p
 
Ad

Advertisements

R

rf

Els said:
rf said:
Matthias Gutfeldt" <say-no-to-spam
rf wrote:
Els wrote

rf wrote:

Nope. rum&coke is a standalone entity, just like
gin&tonic, and as such does not need escaping [from]...

<nitpick>
Unless you're reading Usenet, right? ;-)
</nitpick>

I try to <escape> from usenet all the time.

So far it hasn't worked. Perhaps a nice cup of herbal
tea would do the trick...

THAT kind of herb works best when smoked.
gurglesplurtcoughsplutterfroth...

LOL!

Great, I now also have Chardonnay covering my keyboard.

rum&coke, beer, chardonnay... How about you enter a detox
program for booze&usenet addiction? :p

--
Els
http://locusmeus.com/
Sonhos vem. Sonhos vão. O resto é imperfeito.
- Renato Russo -
 
R

rf

[Sorry for the spurious post.]
rf wrote:

rum&coke, beer, chardonnay... How about you enter a detox
program for booze&usenet addiction? :p

Nah...

Pauline just arrived with a gin&tonic or two. Rick came home with a nice
Shiraz. Leanne popped in with a white of some description, a reisling I
think and Jan has just opened a Cider. I expect Jenny to barge in shortly
with a scotch&ice. James from across the road often comes by with his bottle
of Ouzo and perhaps Kim will arrive with his Saki, he is a pilot and gets it
for free.

It is, after all, Thursday night :)

Not much HTML gets written on Thursday nights :)
 
E

Els

rf said:
Pauline just arrived with a gin&tonic or two. Rick came
home with a nice Shiraz. Leanne popped in with a white of
some description, a reisling I think and Jan has just
opened a Cider. I expect Jenny to barge in shortly with a
scotch&ice. James from across the road often comes by with
his bottle of Ouzo and perhaps Kim will arrive with his
Saki, he is a pilot and gets it for free.

It is, after all, Thursday night :)

Not much HTML gets written on Thursday nights :)

Like that's when the weekend starts where you are? Does it last
till Tuesday too?
 
Ad

Advertisements

S

Sid Ismail

: #tip1:hoover {background: green;} <-- THAT DOESN'T WORK AT ALL


The FBI lost him ages ago. It's hover.

Sid
 

Top