py2exe / Tkinter problem

maryannj

I've got a python GUI working with Tkinter, and I need to package it as
an executable file, preferably a single file. I've got py2exe working
without the 'bundle_files' option, but when I add that option in
("bundle_files": 1), the built executable gives me the following error:

Fatal Python error: Interpreter not initialized (version mismatch?)

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an
unusual way.

This happens when the compiled Python executes the line "from Tkinter
import *".

Any ideas? I've been trawling Google and Usenet all day...

M-A

Kleine Aap

I've got a python GUI working with Tkinter, and I need to package it as
an executable file, preferably a single file.

Why not use an installer to bundle the python interpreter (with TKinter) and
your code in a single executable file? If you don't want to distribute
source code then .pyc or .pyo files can be used?

An example of (freeware) installer software:

http://www.jrsoftware.org/isinfo.php