pyAA for Python2.5

Kottiyath

Hi,
I would like to obtain pyAA for Python 2.5. I went through their
web site, but they provide the windows exe only for Python2.4. I tried
compiling from source, but that also was to no avail - it errs out as
follows:

C:\Documents and Settings\Guest\pyAA>python setup.py install
running install
running build
running build_py
file pyAAc.py (for module pyAAc) not found
file pyAAc.py (for module pyAAc) not found
running build_ext
error: Python was built with Visual Studio 2003;
extensions must be built with a compiler than can generate compatible
binaries.
Visual Studio 2003 was not found on this system. If you have Cygwin
installed,
you can try compiling with MingW32, by passing "-c mingw32" to
setup.py.

C:\Documents and Settings\Guest\pyAA>python setup.py install -c
mingw32
usage: setup.py [global_opts] cmd1 [cmd1_opts] [cmd2 [cmd2_opts] ...]
or: setup.py --help [cmd1 cmd2 ...]
or: setup.py --help-commands
or: setup.py cmd --help

error: invalid command 'mingw32'

Has anyone tried the same? Can anyone give any suggestions?

Mike Driscoll

[...]

You probably have to put mingw32 on your path or provide an absolute
path to it. By the way, where did you get the source? I couldn't find
it...

Mike

[...]

I have mingw32-gcc in my path. If I try that too -it fails.

C:\Documents and Settings\Guest\pyAA>python setup.py install -c
"mingw32-gcc"
invalid command name 'mingw32-gcc'

I got the source from
http://sourceforge.net/cvs/?group_id=65529

Can somebody help me out? Our project needs pyAA, but I am unable to
build on Python2.5.

Kottiyath

Kottiyath wrote in @b38g2000prf.googlegroups.com in comp.lang.python:

All the examples I found via google have the tool name as "mingw32"
so try:

        python setup.py install -c mingw32

or

        python setup.py build --compiler=mingw32 install

The compiler that the MinGW package installs is gcc.

You shoulf be able to verify it is on your path by typing:

        gcc --help
or
        gcc --version

and see some output.

Rob.
--http://www.victim-prime.dsl.pipex.com/

Thank you Rob.
The installation went ahead for some more time - but failed showing a
lot of errors:
running build
running build_py
file pyAAc.py (for module pyAAc) not found
file pyAAc.py (for module pyAAc) not found
pyAAc.cpp:5887: error: `EVENT_OBJECT_HELPCHANGE' was not declared in
this scope
pyAAc.cpp:5888: error: `EVENT_OBJECT_DEFACTIONCHANGE' was not declared
in this scope
pyAAc.cpp:5889: error: `EVENT_OBJECT_ACCELERATORCHANGE' was not
declared in this scope

I cannot understand why it fails. I have not worked in C till now, so
I am pretty confused.
I googled also, but to no avail.