pyFMOD problem

Tian

I am trying to use pyfmod in python to manipulate sound.
i have installed pyfmod, ctype, numarray (if they are necessary), i
also copied fmod.dll to python/DLLs as well as windows/system32, but
when i tried

import pyFMOD

I got:

Traceback (most recent call last):
import pyFMOD
File "C:\Python24\Lib\site-packages\pyFMOD.py", line 177, in
-toplevel-
_FSOUND_Sample_Load = getattr(fmod, "_FSOUND_Sample_Load@16")
File "C:\Python24\Lib\site-packages\ctypes\__init__.py", line 323,
in __getattr__
func = self._StdcallFuncPtr(name, self)
AttributeError: function '_FSOUND_Sample_Load@16' not found

Thomas Heller

I am trying to use pyfmod in python to manipulate sound.
i have installed pyfmod, ctype, numarray (if they are necessary), i
also copied fmod.dll to python/DLLs as well as windows/system32, but

First, you should copy fmod.dll to a directory somewhere where
LoadLibrary can find it. That includes directories on PATH, plus the
directory where the executable is. python/DLLs does probably not work.
when i tried

import pyFMOD

I got:

Traceback (most recent call last):
import pyFMOD
File "C:\Python24\Lib\site-packages\pyFMOD.py", line 177, in
-toplevel-
_FSOUND_Sample_Load = getattr(fmod, "_FSOUND_Sample_Load@16")
File "C:\Python24\Lib\site-packages\ctypes\__init__.py", line 323,
in __getattr__
func = self._StdcallFuncPtr(name, self)
AttributeError: function '_FSOUND_Sample_Load@16' not found

The fmod.dll that I just downloaded has a function named
'_FSOUND_Sample_Load@20', which indicates an api change (the number of
the '@' sign indicates how many bytes are needed as parameters).

Probably pyFMOD needs an older version of fmod.dll, or pyFMOD should be
updated?

Thomas

Tian

I think I did have put the DLL file in the correct place, but I still
cannot make it work. same problem. I checked my version of pyfmod,
ctypes, they are all the newest one. can you tell me the version you
are using? Thanks