PYPI, some troubles

dmitrey

hi all,

1. when I commit a new release to PYPI, I can use stored data (by my
browser: Name, package summary, keywords etc), but in the last line
(classification) I had to chose all those lines from the very
beginning, moreover, if I click at one of them without pressing "CTRL"
all my choices drops & I have to type it from the very beginning (I
use Mozilla Firefox 3.0 but I don't think it's the matter).

2. Another issue: I have attached my source code (openopt0.19.tar.bz2
file), now I can see it in "files for openopt 0.19" section (http://
pypi.python.org/pypi) but easy_install can't find the package:

# easy_install openopt
Searching for openopt
Reading http://pypi.python.org/simple/openopt/
Couldn't find index page for 'openopt' (maybe misspelled?)
Scanning index of all packages (this may take a while)
Reading http://pypi.python.org/simple/
Reading http://pypi.python.org/simple/OpenOpt/
Reading http://scipy.org/scipy/scikits/wiki/OpenOpt
No local packages or download links found for openopt
error: Could not find suitable distribution for
Requirement.parse('openopt')

Does anyone know what shoul I do?
Thank you in advance,
Dmitrey

Martin v. Löwis

1. when I commit a new release to PYPI, I can use stored data (by my
browser: Name, package summary, keywords etc), but in the last line
(classification) I had to chose all those lines from the very
beginning, moreover, if I click at one of them without pressing "CTRL"
all my choices drops & I have to type it from the very beginning (I
use Mozilla Firefox 3.0 but I don't think it's the matter).

Then I recommend not to use the browser to commit the new releases.
Instead, arrange for your setup.py to contain all the relevant data,
and use

python setup.py register

to add the new release.
2. Another issue: I have attached my source code (openopt0.19.tar.bz2
file), now I can see it in "files for openopt 0.19" section (http://
pypi.python.org/pypi) but easy_install can't find the package:

Try calling the file openopt-0.19.tar.bz2. If that doesn't help, contact
the setuptools mailing lists.

Regards,
Martin