PyQt and Pivy

Chump Wad

I will now die. I am too ignorant to make it work.

10.2.setEventCB.py segfaults for me.

It is almost there, but it is not there. SoQt.init returns a string,
which I can't use as the parent widget of my PyQt derived class.

SoQt.show and mainLoop need a string as a parameter, so my PyQt derived
class can't go there.

I humbly beg of your help.

I don't understand the following; I would love a non-portable linkage to
libsip if it would get me the Qt widget set:

* In case anybody wonders! yes, i know that one can achieve all of
this
* in a very simple and elegant fashion by just using the sip library,

* like e.g. adding the following instead of the structure
declarations
* and our stunt:
* #define ANY_TEMP ANY
* #undef ANY
* #include <sip.h>
* #undef ANY
* #define ANY ANY_TEMP
*
* extern PyObject *sipClass_QEvent;
* qev = sipNewCppToSelfSubClass(event, sipClass_QEvent, SIP_SIMPLE
| SIP_PY_OWNED);
*
* this works perfectly and is such a lovely solution that i really
wanted
* to keep it. BUT libsip gets installed into the python site-packages

* directory and not only would we need to link against libsip but
also
* against the libqtcmodule for the sipClass_Qevent object. this
SUCKS,
* adds new library dependencies, which i simply don't want to cope
with
* and makes the platform independent goal harder to achieve.

I should say that the rest of it works GREAT! This is a monumental
work. It is so solid and functional and beautiful.

I thank you very much for this wonderful thing, which someone should
have done long ago, but only you actually accomplished.

Chump Wad

FYI:

Tamer Fahmy has made it work.

Using:

Pivy Rev 229
Coin-2.3.0
PyQt-x11-gpl-3.13
Python-2.3.4
sip-4.1.1
SoQt-1.0.2
SWIG-1.3.21

everything works.

10.2.setEventCB works, and SoQt.init returns a QWidget which I can use as
the parent
of my PyQt derived widget, which contains a frame that can be used as the
parent of an
SoQtRenderArea to display Coin renderings.

I can even use an SoQtExaminerViewer, and it can animate the windmill while
I click a
button in my PyQt derived widget and have it's slot execute

Tamer Fahmy ROCKS!