Help installing latest PyQT

D. Xenakis

Hi there im trying to install PyQT (version PyQt4-4.10-gpl-Py3.3-Qt5.0.1-x64-2.exe) but i dont know how to make sure i have installed everything correctly. I tried to find documentation about this but most links were very dead..

So far so good.. i have:
1)Downloaded and installed "Python 3.3.0 Windows X86-64 MSI Installer" fromhttp://www.python.org/download/ , here: "C:\Python33" (i have 64 bit Win7 pro Greek edition)

2)Downloaded and unzipped "sip-4.14.5.zip" from http://www.riverbankcomputing.com/software/sip/download , here: "D:\Downloads\sip-4.14.5" (other than that, haven't played with this folder any further, cause i dont know what exactly i should do with that so everything is get properly done..) I suppose after having it unzipped, i should then move that somewhere (maybe here "C:\Python33") and then maybe run some commands but.. help needed here so i dont do something wrong, as this link http://goo.gl/UuLjz doesnt make that clear to me what exact steps i should follow :( .

3)Downloaded and installed "PyQt4-4.10-gpl-Py3.3-Qt5.0.1-x64-2.exe" from http://www.riverbankcomputing.com/software/pyqt/download , here: "C:\Python33" (It was the setup's default choice so i assumed it was also the right one).

And thats it..

What should i do exactly now foks :)
Thx in advance

Sibylle Koczian

Am 02.04.2013 18:10, schrieb David Robinow:
On Tue, Apr 2, 2013 at 11:39 AM, D. Xenakis <[email protected]

3)Downloaded and installed "PyQt4-4.10-gpl-Py3.3-Qt5.0.1-x64-2.exe"
from http://www.riverbankcomputing.com/software/pyqt/download ,
here: "C:\Python33" (It was the setup's default choice so i assumed
it was also the right one).

Yes.

And thats it..

What should i do exactly now foks :)

You should be done.Start an interactive python and enter:

If there's no traceback you're good to go.

I'd try one thing more from that interactive python prompt:

from PyQt4 import QtCore
from PyQt4 import QtGui

Do you get tracebacks with this? (I do, that's why I ask.)

The examples that come with the installation usually do both imports in
one line, but for a first test this may be better: if you get an error,
you see a little more.

HTH
Sibylle

D. Xenakis

Τη ΤÏίτη, 2 ΑπÏιλίου 2013 6:39:07 μ.μ. UTC+3, ο χÏήστης D. Xenakis έγÏαψε:

D. Xenakis

I had also installed in the past python 2.7 . Now when im trying to run a .py, interpreter 2.7 is always being called.. (also when im right clicking and sellecting to run in IDLE, 2.7 is agai
n starting instead of 3.3) so PyQt4 is crashing. Any tip to make 3.3 the default interpreter plz?

D. Xenakis

Τη ΤÏίτη, 2 ΑπÏιλίου 2013 10:44:43 μ.μ. UTC+3, ο χÏήστης Sibylle Koczian έγÏαψε:
Am 02.04.2013 18:10, schrieb David Robinow:

I'd try one thing more from that interactive python prompt:

from PyQt4 import QtCore

from PyQt4 import QtGui

Do you get tracebacks with this? (I do, that's why I ask.)

The examples that come with the installation usually do both imports in

one line, but for a first test this may be better: if you get an error,

you see a little more.

HTH

Sibylle

from PyQt4 import QtCore