Python 2.4 unable to find module.

mfjacobs

Hello,
I was hoping someone here can help me with a problem I am having with
the PyXML extension ( ver 0.8.4) and Python 2.4
Thsi is a brand new build of Python. Build with default .configre
options.

Python built and installed fine. PyXML built and installed with no
complaining but, when I give the commands below it cannot find the
module.
Obviously Iam missing somehting. Do you have any suggestions where to
look for "pathing", Security or permissions problems?

Thanks!

Python 2.4 (#1, Feb 14 2005, 12:27:33)
[GCC 3.2.2] on irix6
Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information.Traceback (most recent call last):

Fredrik Lundh

Python built and installed fine. PyXML built and installed with no
complaining but, when I give the commands below it cannot find the
module.

Obviously Iam missing somehting. Do you have any suggestions where to
look for "pathing", Security or permissions problems?

did you use the Python you just built when installing PyXML? (if you used
a different version, PyXML was probably installed somewhere else)

try running

$ python -v -v -c "from xml.dom.ext.reader import Sax2"

and check that Python looks for the ext.reader where you expect it to be
(if you're not sure where PyXML installed itself, run the installation script
again and check the output carefully)

</F>