so module loading fails

Eddy Ilg

Hi,

I am trying to get PyQt5 to work. I already posted on their list but
with no luck and since the question is rather general I am reposting it
here:

I built my own module "Entity.so". Trying to import it yields the
following error:

Python 3.4.0 (default, Apr 8 2014, 22:02:32)
[GCC 4.6.3] on linux
Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information.Traceback (most recent call last):

Checking the symbols of Entity.so gives:
# nm Entity.so | grep PyInit_Entity
0000000000001e5c t PyInit_Entity
0000000000206850 b _ZZ13PyInit_EntityE11sip_methods
00000000002062c0 d _ZZ13PyInit_EntityE14sip_module_def

Thus, the symbols exist. Why doesn't python find them? How can I find
out more about where locating the symbols fails?

Best,

Eddy