Python - CGI - XML - XSD

xkenneth

Hi All,

Quick question. I've got an XML schema file (XSD) that I've
written, that works fine when my data is present as an XML file.
(Served out by apache2.) Now when I call python as a cgi script, and
tell it print out all of the same XML, also served up by apache2, the
XSD is not applied. Does this have to do with which content type i
defined when printing the xml to stdout?

Regards,
Kenneth Miller

Diez B. Roggisch

xkenneth said:
Hi All,

Quick question. I've got an XML schema file (XSD) that I've
written, that works fine when my data is present as an XML file.
(Served out by apache2.) Now when I call python as a cgi script, and
tell it print out all of the same XML, also served up by apache2, the
XSD is not applied. Does this have to do with which content type i
defined when printing the xml to stdout?

Who's applying the stylesheet? The browser, some application like XmlSpy or
what?

Diez

xkenneth

Well, why should it validate your file? Browsers don't do that just for fun.

Stefan

Sorry, it was really late when i wrote this post. The file is an XSL
file. It defines HTML depending on what appears in the XML document.

Regards,
Kenneth Miller

Diez B. Roggisch

Sorry, it was really late when i wrote this post. The file is an XSL
file. It defines HTML depending on what appears in the XML document.

Then the content-type might be the culprit, yes. But testing so would have
been faster than waiting for answers here...

Diez