Python for EXIF-info-additions ?

Bror Johansson

Is there somewhere some Python-module that can be used for adding EXIF-info
to JPEG files?

(Modules for extraction of EXIF-data are easily found, but lacks - as I see
it - capacity to add new tags.)

/BJ

Michele Petrazzo

Bror said:
Is there somewhere some Python-module that can be used for adding
EXIF-info to JPEG files?

(Modules for extraction of EXIF-data are easily found, but lacks - as
I see it - capacity to add new tags.)

Hi,
this is a feature that I want to add to FreeImagePy. It's not so
difficult, but now I haven't time to do it. If you want to spend some
hours for make enjoying yourself and all the python community, email me! :)

Bye,
Michele

Michele Petrazzo

Bruno said:
I think you can find what do you need into this repository, it's a
creative commons tool:
https://svn.berlios.de/svnroot/repos/cctools/publisher/branches/flickr-storage-branch/

take a look in the follow directory: ccpublisher/jpeg/

I'm not sure if it's what you want, let me know.

This is more and more times harder than I need!
This code add the exif tags to the image by itself, but I need only to
wrap and add some python code for make freeimagepy talk with the tags
freeimage's functions. Only this! All the tags code for
add/remove/modify them are already inside freeimage!
See you,

Dilly

Bye,
Michele