Python OPC Client for RSLINX

Joined
Oct 2, 2011
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Hi everybody,

Im trying to pull some data from RSLINX OPC Server from python, i cant really find the way to do this.

I am not a profesional programmer and im new to python. i already have a C# code that does the job, but i decided to give python a try.

Sorry for my english.

Thanks for your help.

Joined
Oct 27, 2011
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Hi baner,

Sorry I cannot help you with python but can you please share the c# code you have that does the job? I'm trying to implement an opc client and any information, example will be appreciated.

Thanks!

Joined
Oct 27, 2011
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Hey baner!

Thanks for the answer. I have that code implemented but I'm sure that there is something I'm not coding fine. Using RsLinx DDE I can copy/paste a link in excel and that works. the formula looks like =RSLINX|Spyware_Brain!'Machine_121[3],L1,C1'
but I could not get the value for that bit using the code described in the link you mentioned above :( I just want to read a value, no writing functionality is needed.

Any help is appreciated!