Python script for device automatic update.

LoadWalker

Hi,
I am completly new to python.
I need to create and script that needs to do the following steps and would apreciate if someone can give me the guidelines to do it as will be my first python script:

The script will be in a linux machine.
Will wait for a device to conect on the usb. So needs to constantly check for a new driver usb connection.
At the same time looks for new .zip files in a remote URL that contains a file to be copied to the device.
So that one a device connectets to the machine it gets copied via ssh the last content of the .zip file.

Is it possible to do it in Python?