Python string find() examples

Joined
Jun 29, 2022
Messages
9
Reaction score
0
I'm looking for examples, but I'm not finding any.
Are there any examples on the internet? I'd like to know what it returns when it can't find something, as well as how to specify the starting and ending points, which I assume will be 0, -1.
Python:
>>> x = "Hello World"
>>> x.find('World')
6
>>> x.find('Aloha');
-1
Could you please help me? But I'm not convinced.

Ad

Joined
Nov 4, 2022
Messages
4
Reaction score
2
The 'find()' returns '-1' where the substring is not found as seen in your example with 'Aloha'.

The 'World' substring returns '6' as that is its index within X i.e.
0=H, 1=e, 2=l, 3:l, 4' ', 5:' ', 6:'World'

Ad

Joined
Jun 29, 2022
Messages
9
Reaction score
0
The 'find()' returns '-1' where the substring is not found as seen in your example with 'Aloha'.

The 'World' substring returns '6' as that is its index within X i.e.
0=H, 1=e, 2=l, 3:l, 4' ', 5:' ', 6:'World'
Thanks for the clarification, it really helped me a lot.