pythonesque constructs for c++

Josh

One of the best features of python is its ease of use, and the ease of use
of its modules. Modules like os, os.path, and datetime are invaluable!

Does anyone know of analagous c++ libraries? It seems to me that most of the
functionality of these modules could easily be replicated in c++. Before I
go about doing that, I was just wondering if anyone knows if they already
exist?

thanks,
Josh

Ad

?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Szabolcs_Horv=E1t?=

Josh said:
One of the best features of python is its ease of use, and the ease of use
of its modules. Modules like os, os.path, and datetime are invaluable!

Does anyone know of analagous c++ libraries? It seems to me that most of the
functionality of these modules could easily be replicated in c++. Before I
go about doing that, I was just wondering if anyone knows if they already
exist?

Check out Boost.

http://www.boost.org/
http://www.boost.org/libs/filesystem/doc/index.htm
http://www.boost.org/doc/html/date_time.html

Ad

Bjoern Schliessmann

Josh said:
Does anyone know of analagous c++ libraries? It seems to me that
most of the functionality of these modules could easily be
replicated in c++.

Sure, there are many. Apart from the already named, also widget
libraries often bring their own tools for this. wxWidgets and Qt
do, for instance.

Regards,

Björn

Top