pytone / _bsddb

Bas van Gils

Hi all,

I've been using the `pytone' tool for playing my mp3's for a while. Great
tool. However, after upgrading Python to version 2.4 it stopped working. The
traceback that I get is this:

-----<snip>-----
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "src/pytone.py", line 104, in ?
songdbid = songdbmanager.addsongdb(songdbname,
+config.database[songdbname])
File "/home/basvg/bin/PyTone-2.2.1/src/services/songdb.py", line 147, in
+addsongdb
import songdbs.local
File "/home/basvg/bin/PyTone-2.2.1/src/services/songdbs/local.py", line
+24, in ?
import bsddb.dbshelve
File "/usr/lib/python2.4/bsddb/__init__.py", line 47, in ?
import _bsddb
ImportError: No module named _bsddb
-----</snip>-----

The mentioned line in __init__.py is:

-----<snip>-----
import _bsddb
-----</snip>-----

I had a look around through /usr/lib/python2.4 but I couldn't find a _bsddb
indeed. Can anyone help me get my favorite py-tool to work again ;-)?

Bas

Bas van Gils

Hi all,

I've been using the `pytone' tool for playing my mp3's for a while. Great
tool. However, after upgrading Python to version 2.4 it stopped working. The
traceback that I get is this:
[ ... ]

Great, I found it myself. The problem was a version of db that was `too new'.
Apparently Python didn't like this version of db. After downgrading it and
rebuilding Python everything worked as expected. Yay!

Bas

helmi03

Downgrading???
I think the author of this pytone software should upgrade. I just
upgrade all my python stuff in my FreeBSD box to python 2.4 :(

I had this same problem before too.