Q: User Control & Form Authentication

Soul

Hi,

I have a page (home.aspx) and an user control (footer.ascx) which located in
different websites. The website that user control located require "form"
authentication, whereas the website that home.aspx located did not implement
any security.

Can any one instruct me how to authenticate from the code If I would like to
use the user control in the home.aspx?

Thank you.

David Coe

In the web.config file within the directory that contains the footer.ascx file, you can specify particular files that are okay coming from a particular location. You may also want to look into URL authorization.

Soul

Hi,

Thanks for your direction. I found that in web.config we are able use
<location> tab to specify rules for a particular folder or page. I also
found that the authorization access element have three attributes, which are
Roles, Users and Verbs. But I really can't figure out how to utilize these
attribute to built a rule that may allow access if coming FROM a particular
LOCATION?

Please enlighten...

Thank you.

--