Query Data via SMS

Jonathan Woods

Hi there,

I would like to query data from SQL Server 2000 by using SMS.
Conceptually, For example, I send the following SMS Message
"TK1234GPS" to SQL Server. Then SQL Server will respond to my
mobile phone the following info: "TK1234Lat203.345Long35.5050". How
do I implement that scenario? What SMS Gateway do you know can offer
competitive price and quality service? I would like to implement C#
component to talk with SMS gateway. Is there any idea?

Thanks
Jonathan Woods

John Timney \( MVP \)

Most of the SMSC's out there provide a web based interface to receive and
send SMS. Send is really easy, as its just an outbound connection via http,
as is inbound if your provider is setup. In the UK someone like this
provides a good service:
http://ws.textanywhere.net/web/Products/TextPremium_OutPayments.aspx

Just look around for inbound SMS on google for your country.

If its for small scale, you can do it yourself with a mobile phone and a
datacable - you just need some software like Ozeki server or nowSMS to
handle the communication between your asp.net code and the phone.

P. Wills

Jonathan,
I've had good experience with Clickatell (www.clickatell.com). The API is
kind of annoying (mixes HTTP QueryString GET and HTTP XML POST) but the
service works and is affordable. I use it for several commercial
applications.

Joined
Dec 12, 2009
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
There is really cheap provider for inbound sms-service, including for submitting query data via sms: 2-waysms.com

It has free trial and unlimited keywords.