Query : window.opener.form.input.value in firefox

learner

Hi,

I have a form(form1) having a button-(yes it's button -- not a submit)
and input text box - with name and id both mytextbox as a file/page
w1.

On button click I am calling a javascript that opens an other window/
page( with name let say w2).

once w2 is opened From a javascript function of w2 I want to access
w1.form1.mytextbox.value. I can get the value in IE using
opener.form1.mytextbox.value but running the same code on firefox it
shows error opener.form1 has no properties.

I have also tried using window.opener. ....

I have tried using just go=iving ID or just name to the control but it
seems that this is a problem regarding form1. Help me to know how can
I do this.

SAM

learner a écrit :
Hi,

I have a form(form1) having a button-(yes it's button -- not a submit)
and input text box - with name and id both mytextbox as a file/page
w1.

On button click I am calling a javascript that opens an other window/
page( with name let say w2).

once w2 is opened From a javascript function of w2 I want to access
w1.form1.mytextbox.value. I can get the value in IE using
opener.form1.mytextbox.value but running the same code on firefox it
shows error opener.form1 has no properties.

opener.document.form1.mytextbox
^^^^^^^^

If troubles persist :

Is your form has a *name* ?
If it is an id that can't work because you call a *named* element

same for your input

if all OK : no reason that doesn't work in Fx