Question about parsing xml attributes using DOM

phantom

Hi all.

I have a xml file as

<?xml version="1.0" ?>
<INFO name="" orderno="123" type="abc" status="done">
<info1 .... some more information/>
</INFO>

I am using a DOM parser and the NamedNodeMap to get the attributes,
the problem is the order of the attributes does matter in the
processing and the data structure stores the attributes in an
alphabetized format, what i want is the attributes be stored in the
way they were received. I would appreciate all suggestions/pointers
for the same.

Thanks
Sid

Andy Fish

phantom said:
Hi all.

I have a xml file as

<?xml version="1.0" ?>
<INFO name="" orderno="123" type="abc" status="done">
<info1 .... some more information/>
</INFO>

I am using a DOM parser and the NamedNodeMap to get the attributes,
the problem is the order of the attributes does matter in the
processing and the data structure stores the attributes in an
alphabetized format, what i want is the attributes be stored in the
way they were received. I would appreciate all suggestions/pointers
for the same.

don't use XML. that's your only option, simple as that

Lutz Horn

Hi,
the problem is the order of the attributes does matter in the
processing and the data structure stores the attributes in an
alphabetized format, what i want is the attributes be stored in the
way they were received.

That's not possible since attributes form a set with no order.

"Note that the order of attribute specifications in a start-tag or
empty-element tag is not significant."[1]

Regards
Lutz

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/REC-xml-20040204/#sec-starttags