Ignoring spaces, tabs and line in XML DOM parsing

Discussion in 'Java' started by Sandeep, Jan 13, 2006.

  1. Sandeep

    Sandeep Guest

    Hi,
    I am parsing an XML file using xerces DOM parser. The problem is, the
    DOM gets created with spaces, newlines and tabs as a TEXT section.

    Hence if XML is,

    <Address><Name></Name></Address>
    first child of "Address" is "Name"

    if XML is
    <Address>
    <Name></Name>
    </Address>

    first child of "Address" is "\n".

    Is there a way i can configure the parser to ignore all white
    spaces,tabs and newline characters ?

    Thanks
    Sandeep

    Sandeep, Jan 13, 2006

  2. Yes, there is a way but the exact method escapes me at the moment.
    Start digging in the parser API, perhaps look at the properties
    recognized by your parser.

    HTH,
    Ray

    Raymond DeCampo, Jan 15, 2006