question about sessions

Dwayne Epps

I'm somewhat new to developing in ASP. I've some some fairly basic stuff
with it. I've just created a simple form that writes information to an
Access database using ASP. Everything works fine. My question is, would
there be any reason to use the session object other than for tracking
purposes. Specifically, does a session have any inportance on multiple
users accessing pages and submitting the form inforamtion to the database.
I was curious about errors to the database with multiple users submitting at
the same time to the database. This is a small scale application and not
expected to have large number of hits. As stated I'm new to using ASP and
just wanted to get some input. Thanks in advance for any help.
-D-

Tom Kaminski [MVP]

Dwayne Epps said:
I'm somewhat new to developing in ASP. I've some some fairly basic stuff
with it. I've just created a simple form that writes information to an
Access database using ASP. Everything works fine. My question is, would
there be any reason to use the session object other than for tracking
purposes.

The session object is used to easily persist data from page to page.
Specifically, does a session have any inportance on multiple
users accessing pages and submitting the form inforamtion to the database.

It's unrelated.
I was curious about errors to the database with multiple users submitting at
the same time to the database.

What errors? See the database section at http://www.aspfaq.com for general
troubleshooting info as well as specific info on using Access.