radiobuttonlist with groupname?

Matt Jensen

Howdy

I've got 2 asp.net radiobuttonlists that I've separated for presentation
reasons, is there any way to link them together as one 'named' list as per
the groupname feature for individual asp.net radiobuttons? I tried that
property but it doesn't seem to work.

I want only one option to be selectable between the 2 lists.
Thanks
Matt

Guest

Hi Matt,

I am not aware of any way to do this elegantly with the standard asp.net
components.

You could try rolling your own but its unlikely to be very easy or elegant
as you will still have to query both lists on the server to find the
"selected value" (unless you request the raw group name from the request.form
or request.querystring collections (thinking out loud...)).

You could possibly do something with client side scripting but again it will
be nasty.

I hope you find your solution.. jd

Guest

Hi Matt, Its just occured to me that you could use two repeaters and create a
checkbox within each repeater item which you could set the groupname for..
(assuming you are using databinding - it may not be worth it otherwise)

HTH jd