Raw Key Events?

phi

Hello

I have a Problem in several applications. Java KeyEvents (java.awt.) are
not Raw-Key Events.
So, when the user presses a key (eg. Key with letter "A") and does NOT
release it, I get KeyUp and KeyDown Events
after a while.
This events are produced by the underlaying OS (Linux and Windows in my
case).

Is there a possibility to get raw KeyUp and KeyDown events?
Or does java always get Keys after the processing by the underlaying OS?

Every hint is welcome.