Rdoc

Thomas Buckley

Hi All

I'm trying to write a simple program that when given a a few paragraphs
of plain text from a file, will extract various metadata on the
file...i.e. Number of paragraphs, number of lines, number of words,
etc...

I have spent endless hours looking through the Rdoc documentation but
cannot find any useful info of examples on how to do this, is it
actually capable of doing this?

Thanks

Stephan Goldenberg

Am Sonntag, 3. Oktober 2010, 13:51:44 schrieb Thomas Buckley:
Hi All

I'm trying to write a simple program that when given a a few
paragraphs of plain text from a file, will extract various
metadata on the file...i.e. Number of paragraphs, number of lines,
number of words, etc...

I have spent endless hours looking through the Rdoc documentation
but cannot find any useful info of examples on how to do this, is
it actually capable of doing this?

Thanks

Sure can, it's a common exercise ;)

http://www.apress.com/book/downloadfile/4436

These are the source files to "Beginning Ruby From Novice to
Professional" Look at chapter 4, analyzer.rb.