[ANN] rdoc 3.6 Released

Eric Hodel

rdoc version 3.6 has been released!

* RDoc Project Page: https://github.com/rdoc/rdoc/
* RDoc Documentation: http://docs.seattlerb.org/rdoc
* RDoc Bug Tracker: https://github.com/rdoc/rdoc/issues

RDoc produces HTML and command-line documentation for Ruby projects. =
RDoc
includes the +rdoc+ and +ri+ tools for generating and displaying online
documentation.

See RDoc for a description of RDoc's markup and basic use.

Changes:

=3D=3D=3D 3.6 / 2011-05-13

* Major Enhancements
* Interactive ri is now the default when no names are given.
* Minor Enhancements
* RDoc::RDoc#generate was added to allow multiple generators to be =
used with
a set of parsed file info.
* RDoc::Options#finish can be called multiple times now.
* `ri -i` only shows one level of namespace when completing class =
names.
* Added `ri --list` for explicit listing. `ri -l F G` will list all =
classes
or modules starting with F or G
* Bug fixes
* Remove windows-specific test for test_check_files, it is too hard to =
do.
Ruby commit r30811 by Usaku Nakamura.
* Remove unnecessary (and wrong) platform-dependent hacks. Ruby =
commit
r30829 by Usaku Nakamura.
* Completing via Array#[ in `ri -i` no longer crashes. Ruby Bug #3167
* Completing IO::eek: in `ri -i` now returns results. Ruby Bug #3167
* RDoc::parser::C ignores prototypes better. Pull Request #34 by Pete
Higgins.
* private_class_method and public_class_method are now parsed =
correctly for
inherited methods. Issue #16 by gitsucks.
* The doc directive now forces documentation even when the method is =
marked
private or protected.

Quintus

Ryan Davis

=20
On May 13, 2011, at 7:30 PM, Eric Hodel wrote:
=20
=20
=20
Surely I'm missing something simple. After upgrading, I now get:
=20
$ ri Array
Nothing known about Array
$

If you're on 1.8, you'll need to install rdoc-data and follow the =
post-install instructions.
If not, I dunno with this little info.

lists

=20
On May 16, 2011, at 17:59 , lists wrote:
=20
=20
If you're on 1.8, you'll need to install rdoc-data and follow the = post-install instructions.
If not, I dunno with this little info.
=20
=20
=20

That was it, thank you! I did actually try searching =
http://rdoc.rubyforge.org/ first, but didn't find anything about =
rdoc-data and ruby 1.8.