    How to write a C program to read xls file?
    I just need the cell value, any example?

    Thanks

    Terry chan, Jun 30, 2003

  2. You have to write the code yourself. Do your best and post it here for a
    review or for debugging.
    No. If you have the specs, I don't see were the problem is.

    Emmanuel Delahaye, Jun 30, 2003

  3. This is probably almost impossible for a mere mortal, certainly
    impossible using only "standard C". However be aware that in Excel you
    can do a "Save As" CSV file (comma separated variable). This is ASCII
    text like:

    "1234, 5678, 1234"

    Etc. This can then be more straightforwardly interpreted (with standard C
    functions).

    John Devereux, Jun 30, 2003
  4. Actually, he'd be better off writing this in C++ using the Microsoft
    structured storage API. Reading .XLS files in C ain't funny.

    I suggest comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.win32 for the OP's next port of
    call.
    Ah, but have you ever done this before? :)

    Richard Heathfield, Jun 30, 2003
  5. Terry chan

    Alan Balmer Guest

    Go to www.wotsit.org and search for excel. You'll find information on
    the file format.

    Alan Balmer, Jun 30, 2003
  6. Darn, what the heck is that XLS? Ah, Excel, all right...
    No, but the problem is that I read 'xms' instead of 'xls' ;-)

    To the OP, please, discard my previous answer.

    Emmanuel Delahaye, Jul 1, 2003