Reading SQLServer Session Data Outsite of DotNet Application

Steve Lutz

Hello All,

I have another tricky question for you all. I am using SQLServer to manage
session state in my ASP.NET application.
I want to be able to read the session data outside of my ASP.NET application
for logging purposes.

My Idea was to create a trigger on delete of the session data from the sql
server, which would then copy the data to another table for analysis.

However, I was wondering if anyway has manually dove into the ASPSTATE
database and retrieved session data and figured out how to grab session
variables individually from the large binary in the database.

I imagine that the binary is a serialized class, but which one, and do I
even have access and/or ability to deserialize that into the proper class?

Anyone seen this done before?

Thanks

Steve