Session state management with SQLserver and custom DB?

Guest

Hi NG!

I wish to use SQLserver sessionstate mode with my ASP.NET application, since
reliability is a big issue and performance less so. However, it is hosted at
an external hosting partner who does not allow me to have the ASPstate db on
the SQL server (or to create another, for that matter). I have the one SQL
database at the server which is the foundation for the application. So my
question is:

Is there any way I can use that db for storing the session-information or is
there no way around using the designated ASPstate db?

Thanks!

regards,

M.L.

Brock Allen

You can build your own in v2.0, but if you're stuck with v1.1 then you'll
probably have to build your own persistence mechanism. You might forego ASP.NET's
Session all together and just write your own equivalent. Or you could perhaps
use the built in Session, but then write your own hooks in global.asax to
load and save session to your own database.