Asp.net 2.0 session state confusion

dchinn

I have a freshly installed test machine, both 1.1 and 2.0 frameworks
installed, and sql server 2005.

The application was ported from 1.1 -> 2.0.

I ran aspnet_regsql wizard with defaults, which creates an aspnetdb in
sql. The application runs in an IIS vroot that was set up (call it
"foo"), and I checked to make sure that the asp.net property tap for
the vroot was using the 2.0 framework.

When invoking the app, it fails with a sql exception, stating that it
can't find the 'aspstate' database.

I change the name of the aspnetdb session database (created above),
and it tells me... "Unable to use SQL Server because ASP.NET version
2.0 Session .State is not installed on the SQL server. "

sessionstate element looks like:

<sessionState mode="SQLServer"
sqlConnectionString="data
source=127.0.0.1;uid=foo;pwd=bar"
cookieless="false" timeout="120"/>

user foo is an owner of the state database.

why is my newly-upgraded-to-asp.net 2.0-application still looking for
the database whose name is ASPState? I tried configuring the
'aspnetdb' name into the config file, but it told me that to do so
would require selecting custom databses in the wizard.

thanks in advance

Guest

Hi

perhaps you should re-run the
aspnet_regiis.exe -r
from
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727