Unable to use SqlState Session mode

Guest

The issue description is as follows:
Environment
Windows Server 2003 SP2
Framework 1.1
Framework 2.0
SqlServer 2000
The Web server hosts both Framework 1.1 and 2.0 applications.
The application runs Framework 1.1 and works as expected in
“InProc†Session mode.
When we try to make the application to run in “SqlServerâ€
session mode, error occurs. The Steps followed to configure the “SqlServer
Session Mode†are
Created a new database ASPState using the following Script
InstallPersistSqlState.sql from the following path
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322
Modified the Web.config file for the application to store the session
values in database the changes are as follows:

Before change (Web.config):
<sessionState mode="InProc" stateConnectionString="tcpip=127.0.0.1:42424"
sqlConnectionString="data source=127.0.0.1;user id=sa;password="
cookieless="false" timeout="60"/>

After code change(Web.config):
<sessionState mode="SQLServer" sqlConnectionString="Integrated
Security=SSPI;data source=DbServer;" cookieless="false" timeout="60"/>

Error Description:
The session gets created and stored in the state server as
expected after the setup is completed. (We verified it by executing a “Select
* ….†against the session table)
After sometime say 30 min or so, the application returns
following error when tried logging in (which seems to suggest that the
environment has changed to Framework 2.0).

Error Message: Unable to use SQL Server because ASP.NET version 2.0 Session
State is not installed on the SQL server. Please install ASP.NET Session
State SQL Server version 2.0 or above.
Error Source: System.Web
Error Target Site: Void
GetServerSupportOptions(System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection)

Observation:
Checked IIS to ensure that the application point to ASP.Net 1.1 from the
following tab (Right click Virtual Directory>> Properties >> ASP.Net, ASP.Net
is pointing to V 1.1.4322)

But it does not seem to fix the issue